Approaches to Politics
Pierre Elliott Trudeau, Translated by Ivon Owen, and Preface written by Jacques Hebert
Foreword and Introduction by Ramsay Cook
Table of Contents
Foreword to the Wynford Edition, Ramsay Cook
Introduction, Ramsay Cook
Prefatory Note, Jacques Hébert
1. Government by Mediocrities
2. When Madmen Think They are Ministers and MPs
3. To Prevent Sedition...
4. The Just Man Must Go to Prison...
5. Must the Tyrant be Assassinated?
6. Obedience--But to Whom?
7. Undermining the Majesty of the State
8. The Election
9. A State Made to Measure
10. Tyrannicide, the Jesuits, and Father de Léry
11. The Revolution and Mr André Dagenais
12. Social Contract and Popular Sovereignty
13. The Statesman as Servant
14. The Argument from Authority
15. The Jitters
16. When the People are in Power
17. Contempt of the Legislature
18. The Right of Protest
19. St. Thomas Agrees with Karl Marx
20. For a Living Democracy