About Who's Who online
Who's Who is the leading source of up-to-date information about over 33,000 influential people from all walks of life, worldwide. Containing autobiographical listings of people from around the globe who have an impact on British life, including senior politicians, judges, civil servants, and notable figures from the arts, academia, and other areas, it is seen as one of the world's most recognised and respected works of reference.
What makes Who's Who unique is that each biographee provides the details for their entry, and many include contact details. Based on the model of the hugely successful Oxford Dictionary of National Biography , the online edition of Who's Who is built for biographical searching making it a valuable resource for anyone concerned with British history and culture, as well as charities, alumni, and journalists worldwide.
About Who Was Who Online
Subscribers to Who's Who can also choose to subscribe to Who Was Who, an invaluable historical archive going back to 1897, which includes the entries of over 90,000 people, now deceased, who were included in previous editions of Who's Who. The online edition contains links to the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography available to subscribers to both resources.
More about Who Was Who Online
"I'm always impressed by the many ways of searching and displaying the results…Who's Who should be a standard for any self-respecting reference collection" Gary Archer, Refer
"Who's Who is a mirror in which society glimpses a reflection of its own achievement." The Times
- Over 33,000 entries from the new edition of Who’s Who
- Each entry is written by the subject themselves and can include full name, birth date, career, education, publications, and recreations, contact details and more
- Intuitive search and browse options enable quick and easy access to information which can be refined and re-ordered
- Refine and re-order search results and browse lists, and search within results
- Flexible advanced search options mean that, in a single search, users can find female writers who were educated at Exeter University, have been awarded an OBE, were born after 1940, and are still alive!
- Quick filter choose to search Who's Who, or the complete database including Who Was Who
- Over 10,000 direct reciprocal links mean that users can compare and contrast what people wrote about themselves in Who Was Who with their biographies in the Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- International figures include – Nelson Mandela, Kofi Annan, Venus Williams, Gwyneth Paltrow, Tom Cruise, Barack Obama, and Woody Allen
- Updated annually each December with minor updates during the year – if subjects die, their death dates will be added
- Discover interesting topical articles in free monthly feature pages
- Print and email entries and search results
- Citation information
Learn more about Who's Who and Who Was Who
Follow us on Twitter @ukwhoswho