A flexible and cost-effective alternative to larger, overwhelming texts, Criminal Justice: The Essentials, Third Edition, covers all the fundamental issues faced by law enforcement, the courts, corrections, and juvenile justice, leaving detailed specifics and tangential topics to the discretion of instructors to cover in class.
Thoroughly revised and updated, the third edition features:
- Discussion of many new topics including private corrections, restorative justice, and fiscal austerity in the criminal justice system
- Revised and updated coverage of criminal liability, cybercrime, contemporary community corrections, juvenile delinquency, and emerging issues in criminal justice
- Strong pedagogy throughout including “Web Activities” and additional critical-thinking exercises
- An updated Companion Website containing study guides and self-quizzes, suggested websites and resources, and more
- An updated Instructor’s Resource CD with a test bank, suggestions for activities, sample syllabi, and more (available to adopting instructors)
With abundant examples—and just the right amount of sidebars and “highlights”—Criminal Justice, Third Edition, is an excellent resource for helping students to determine the most important issues in the field.