The fourth edition of In the Company of Others offers a results-oriented package of supplementary material for both students and instructors.
- A Student Success Manual, prepared by Joni Johnson Gray of Fairmont State University and Robert E. Mild of Fairmont State University, is packed with information that will help students master the course material. It includes a primer on effective study habits as well as chapter-specific material such as outlines, summaries, key terms, review questions (and answers), and critical thinking exercises.
- Now Playing: Learning Communication Through Film, available as an optional printed product, looks at more than 60 contemporary and classic feature films through the lens of communication principles. Developed by Russell F. Proctor II and Ronald B. Adler and revised by Darin Garard of Santa Barbara City College, Now Playing illustrates a variety of both individual scenes and full-length films, highlighting concepts and offering discussion questions for a mass medium that is interactive, familiar, and easily accessible.
- Students have free access to this companion website, which offers a wealth of resources including exercises, flashcards for key terms in the book, interactive Quizzes Without Consequences, and links to a variety of communication-related websites, including Now Playing online.
- Instructor's Manual and Test Bank, revised by Michael Davis of James Madison University, provides chapter outlines, suggestions for class lectures and activities, additional website resources, and numerous test questions that will prove useful to both new and veteran instructors.
- An Instructor Resource CD with Computerized Test Bank, available to adopters, includes the full Instructor's Manual and Test Bank, as well as computerized testing software and new PowerPoint lecture presentations.
- Instructor's Companion Website is a password-protected site that features the Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint lecture slides, and links to supplemental materials and films.
- Now Playing: Instructor's Edition, an instructor-only print supplement, includes an introduction on how to incorporate film examples in class, more sample responses to the numerous discussion questions in the student edition of Now Playing, viewing guides, additional films, and references.
- Course cartridges for a variety of e-learning environments allow instructors to create their own course websites with the interactive material from the instructor and student companion websites. Contact your Oxford University Press representative for access.