Introduction to Mythology, Third Edition uses an innovative pedagogical structure to help students unravel the complex web of literary allusions often found in mythological texts:
- Extensive marginal notes provide cross-references and explanations of terms and culture-specific concepts
- A glossary of deities and suggested readings for each chapter offer students additional resources
- An improved and refined art program features more than 200 illustrations, photographs, and maps
- An illustrated timeline places the readings in relation to each other and to historical and cultural events and artifacts
- A Student’s Website contains chapter objectives and summaries, key terms, study questions, self-tests, and off-site links of interest
- An Instructor’s Manual includes key terms, pedagogical suggestions, study questions and projects, and sample objective test questions for each chapter
- Now Playing: Learning Mythology Through Film is designed specifically to accompany Introduction to Mythology, Third Edition, using a mass medium to illustrate how mythological concepts play out in a variety of situations.