Students should be familiar with...
- The basic tenets of bureaucracy.
- Public administration conceptualized as a system.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities of the 21st-century administrator.
- Women and minorities in public administration.
- Volunteers and public and nonprofit administration in local communities.
- Historic trends in state and local government employment.
- Salary trends in state and local government.
- State and local agencies' initiatives in place for working toward sustainability and adaptive innovation in the promotion of resilient communities.