Students should be familiar with...
- State criminal justice systems and policies, including a focus on new and innovative approaches to adult and juvenile crime prevention.
- Criminal justice programs and operations that promote community sustainability rather than expand the reach of the criminal justice system.
- The government's role (federal, state, and local) in K–12 and higher education systems, and how education can serve to promote sustainability.
- The importance of state and local governments in the development and management of a variety of transportation systems and infrastructure investments that promote sustainability.
- The increasing role of state and local governments in the planning and implementation of emergency management services.