Students should be familiar with...
- How the typical state and local budget process works including the various actors and institutions involved.
- Information on sustainable budgeting practices and revenue sources.
- Historical budgeting patterns in state and local governments.
- Intergovernmental sources of revenues for transportation, education, public health, and many more state and local services.
- Historical state and local expenditure patterns.
- Various approaches for budget reform, which have been advocated for the state and local government.