The world's leading textbook in microelectronic circuits
continues its standard of excellence and innovation built on the solid
pedagogical foundation that instructors expect from Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth
C. Smith. The Seventh edition has been extensively updated and includes:
- A revised study of the MOSFET and the BJT and their application in amplifier design: Two short and completely parallel chapters (5 and 6) introduce each of the two transistor types. A new Chapter 7 follows with a combined treatment of transistor amplifiers, emphasizing the similarities and the important differences of the two devices and their unique areas of application.
- Expanded treatment of such important topics as cascode amplifiers, frequency response, and feedback
- Reorganized and modernized coverage of Digital IC Design
- New topics, including Class D power amplifiers, IC filters and oscillators, and image sensors
- A new "expand-your-perspective" feature that provides relevant historical and application notes
This website contains resources for instructors and for
students. New materials will be added on a regular basis to aid in the
instruction and learning of microelectronic circuits. Use the links at left to
find further information and resources.