Welcome to Student Resources on the Companion Website for Ideas and Styles in the Western Musical Tradition, Third Edition. For each chapter, you will find:
- Chapter Overview. Here the main points of the chapter are summarized in a few paragraphs.
- Objectives. This section identifies the most important ideas for the student to understand. It includes issues concerning both the relation of music to history and the development of musical thinking.
- Terms, Names, and Concepts. These lists show each chapter's new technical vocabulary, names of leading composers and musical thinkers, and some terms for principal ideas.
- Chapter Review Quiz. Multiple choice and true/false questions are offered.
In addition, you will have two helpful resources:
- A guide to Research and Writing in Music History
- Pronouncing Church Latin: A Quick Reference