The Nothing That Is
The Nothing That Is: Math Quiz
Test your mathematical muscles with this quiz designed by Robert Kaplan.
1. Can you divide by zero? Why, or why not?
2. What is 13 raised to the 0 power? What is 0 raised to the 0?
3. If you add up 1/2 + 1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 and so on, will you ever get to 1?
4. Why does zero matter in solving equations?
5. How do zero and calculus combine to tell us when the waves in our affairs crest or crash?
Extra Credit Question:
Are there more counting numbers (1, 2, 3...) or more even numbers (2, 4, 6...)?
HINT: there are different degrees of infinity.
Want the Answers?
Visit the Math Circle Website.