Celebrating over 30 years as the market-leading series, Blackstone's Statutes have an unrivalled tradition of trust and quality. With a rock-solid reputation for accuracy, reliability, and authority, they remain first-choice for students and lecturers, providing a careful selection of all the up-to-date legislation needed for exams and course use.
- Unparalleled coverage of company law, carefully reviewed and selected to include all the up-to-date legislation relevant to the course
- Unannotated primary and secondary legislation, allowing students to take this book into examinations
- The detailed table of contents, clear text design, and tab system aid navigation and make it easy for students to locate the legislation they need
New to this edition
- Amendments to:
- The Insolvency Act 1986 and the Bankruptcy and Diligence etc. (Scotland) Act 2007 made by the Insolvency (Regulation (EU) 2015/848) (Miscellaneous Amendments) (Scotland) Regulations 2017
- The Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 made by the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Benchmarks) Regulations 2018
- The Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and the Companies Act 2006 made by the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Markets in Financial Instruments) Regulations 2017 and the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Markets in Financial Instruments) (No. 2) Regulations 2017
- The Companies Act 2006 made by the Information about People with Significant Control (Amendment) Regulations 2017, Scottish Partnerships (Register of People with Significant Control) Regulations 2017, Central Securities Depositories Regulations 2017,Statutory Auditors Regulations 2017, Risk Transformation Regulations 2017 and Index of Company Names (Listed Bodies) Order 2017
About the Author(s)
Edited by Derek French, Author of Mayson, French & Ryan on Company Law and editor of Blackstone's Civil Practice
Derek French is author of the leading textbook,Mayson, French & Ryan on Company Law, and editor of the seminal practitioner work,Blackstone's Civil Practice.
"With an excellent selection of statutes and a clean, accessible layout, Blackstone's have long been the go-to series for statute books.
" - Lee Roach, Senior Lecturer in Law, University of Portsmouth
"The Blackstone's series, with their unannotated content, are an excellent resource for students during their exams.
" - Colin Moore, Associate Lecturer, Kent Law School
"As all the books in the Blackstone's Series take a similar approach to layout and structure I find it easy to locate the document I need, whichever area of law I'm studying.
" - Iliyana Dimitrova, Diploma in Professional Legal Studies student at the University of Edinburgh
"With their reputation for accuracy and expertly-selected legislation, the Blackstone's Statutes have been well-received by students for decades.
" - Chris Bevan, Assistant Professor in Property Law, University of Nottingham
"The running headings at the top of the page enable readers to tell easily which Schedule to an Act they are looking at - this is what marks out the Blackstone series from its competitors.
" - Nigel Furey, Teaching Fellow, University of Bristol
The accompanying online resources include video guides to reading and interpreting statutes, web links, exam tips, and an interactive sample Act of Parliament.