We are delighted to announce the shortlisted candidates for the 2016 Law Teacher of the Year Award. They are:
- Jo Boylan-Kemp, Nottingham Trent University
- Steve Evans, University of Leicester
- Lucinda Ferguson, University of Oxford
- Yvonne McDermott Rees, Bangor University
- Jennifer Sloan, Sheffield Hallam University
- Lisa Webley, University of Westminster
A huge thank you to all of the students and lecturers who submitted nominations this year: we received a record number of nominations and the quality of the candidates was exceptionally high.
Congratulations to the six finalists who now move on to the second stage of judging: the campus visit. See below for more information about what the next steps entail, and check back regularly to see how the final six are getting on.
This year's winner will be announced at a one-day teaching event held in Oxford in the summer. Email us to register your interest for this event.
Friday 8th January
The judging panel carefully consider all the nominations individually before meeting to draw up a shortlist of six finalists.
February – April
Two members of the judging panel visit each of the six shortlisted candidates to:
- Observe a teaching session;
- Interview a group of students, including some who participated in the observed session;
- Interview two of the candidate’s teaching colleagues;
- Interview the candidate’s Head of Department;
- Interview the candidate themselves.
Each of these sessions is either video or audio recorded so that it can be shared with the remaining members of the judging panel.
Students past and present are invited to produce a short video in support of their teacher.
The judging panel are sent the recordings from each of the campus visits and the student videos for their consideration. All four members of the panel then meet to discuss each candidate and decide the winner.
The winner is announced at a day-long law teaching event in Oxford, which will give candidates and other lecturers the opportunity to share knowledge, build connections, and showcase their achievements. Further details of the event and how to get involved will be released shortly.