Bryman: Social Research Methods: 4e
Student experience podcasts
Learn from the real research experiences of students who have completed their own research projects! Click on the question headings below to listen to the podcasts. Please note that these audio podcasts are based on written questionnaires completed by students, which have been read by actors for this Online Resource Centre. Written transcripts will be available soon.
You can listen either via your computer or by downloading the files to your portable MP3 player.
- What do I need to do to prepare for the research?
- How do I develop research questions?
- How do I find out about the literature on my topic?
- Which method(s) should I choose?
- How do I recruit a sample of research participants?
- What kind of questions should I ask?
- What issues/problems might I encounter?
- What is the role of my supervisor?
- What advice would you give?
- What is the best way to analyse my data?
- How should I go about writing up my research?