Burton & Ormrod: Nursing: Transition to Professional Practice
Advice on job interviews
Click through to see suggested answers to the interview questions below.
- Why do you want this particular job?
- What do you think are your strengths?
- What about weaknesses (or areas in need of development)?
- What do you see as the major difference between your role as a student and as a qualified nurse?
- What would you do if you were asked to do something that you didn’t know what to do?
- What do you like least about nursing?
- What are you most proud of in your career so far?
- What would you expect from me as your Charge Nurse?
- What would you do if you witnessed poor practice by a colleague?
- Caring for patients can be quite stressful. How do you manage stress?