Microfit 5.0 is an interactive, menu-driven program with a host of facilities for estimating, hypothesis testing, forecasting, data processing, file management, and graphic display. These features make Microfit 5.0 one of the most powerful menu-driven time-series econometric packages currently available. It is a major advance over Microfit 4.0 and offers a unique built-in interactive, searchable econometric text. It provides users with technical, functional and tutorial help throughout the package, and can be used at different levels of technical sophistication.
Microfit 5.0 is suitable for classroom teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in applied econometrics. For experienced users of econometric programs, it offers a variety of univariate methods, multivariate techniques for cointegration, principal components, canonical correlations and multivariate volatility modelling, and provides a large number of diagnostic and non-nested tests not readily available on other packages. The interaction of excellent graphics and estimation capabilities in Microfit 5.0 allows important econometric research to be carried out in a matter of days rather than weeks.
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2000
- 1 GB RAM
- Minimum 45 MB free hard disk space
- Internet access for software activation
- Microsoft mouse or compatible (optional)
- A printer for producing hard copies of graphs and regression results (optional)
- Adobe® Reader® 6 or later required to access the help files