What is Oxford Language Dictionaries Online?
Oxford Language Dictionaries Online (OLDO) is a powerful website which gives you online access to Oxford’s acclaimed bilingual dictionaries.
Now including Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish, this innovative website features essential language resources and unique study materials to provide extra help with learning and using a wide range of languages.
How do I use it?
For more information about using Oxford Language Dictionaries Online, please click here
- Find accurate, up-to-date translations for millions of words and phrases
- Listen to how words should sound
- Download sample letters, CVs, resumes and emails
- Explore the Oxford Language Web, an innovative new feature offering translations in 13 languages, including Arabic, Polish, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, and Thai
- Learn about life and culture around the world
How do I access it?
Your local public library can give you access within the library, or from home, at the website www.oxfordlanguagedictionaries.com. Simply type in your library card number into the log in box on the website to access the resource.
How do I promote it?
We have a number of ways to help you get the most out of Oxford Language Dictionaries Online, all available via the Librarian Resource Centre, and all free of charge!
Find all this and more at our page for librarians.
- Free promotional materials
- Short introductory PowerPoints
- Live online training sessions
- Recorded sessions from the training team
- Download logos and banners
- Training fact sheets (with ideas for training sessions)
- Usage statistics
- MARC records
Our training team are happy to visit libraries for in-house, group sessions – just get in touch at email@example.com