What is Oxford Biblical Studies Online?
Oxford Biblical Studies Online (OBSO) provides a comprehensive resource for the study of the Bible and biblical history.
The authoritative scholarly texts and reference works are integrated with tools and learning resources to provide ease of research into the background, context, and issues related to the Bible.
How do I use it?
For more information about using Oxford Biblical Studies Online, please click here
- Unrivalled access to the full text of six essential Oxford editions of the Bible, alongside commentary and annotations
- Search 6,000 articles and chapters from reference texts and commentaries written by leading scholars and specialists
- Explore over 1,000 images and maps that provide visual perspectives of the biblical world
- Interactive timelines and extensive bibliographies
- Tools and resources include lesson plans, thematic guides, links to external sources, tables, charts, an extensive glossary, and more
How do I access it?
Your local public library can give you access within the library, or from home, at the website www.oxfordbiblicalstudies.com. Simply type in your library card number into the log in box on the website to access the resource.
How do I promote it?
We have a number of ways to help you get the most out of Oxford Biblical Studies Online, all available via the Librarian Resource Centre, and all free of charge!
Find all this and more at our page for librarians.
- Free promotional materials
- Short introductory PowerPoints
- Live online training sessions
- Recorded sessions from the training team
- Download logos and banners
- Training fact sheets (with ideas for training sessions)
- Usage statistics
- MARC records
Our training team are happy to visit libraries for in-house, group sessions – just get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org