What is the Berg Fashion Library?
The Berg Fashion Library is the only online resource to provide integrated text
and images on world dress and fashion throughout history, offering a treasury of
fascinating insights into people and cultures all over the world.
How do I use it?
For more information about using the Berg Fashion Library, please
- A unique online portal which offers fully cross-searchable access to the Berg
Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion online, an extensive E-book
- An invaluable resource for anyone interested in fashion, or for students and
scholars studying a variety of diverse disciplines, from art history to
- Offering intelligent search functionalities, allowing users to rapidly access
the content via a single-term quick search, or fine-tune their search for more
targeted results using the Berg Fashion Library’s sophisticated advanced
- Updated three times a year or more
How do I access it?
Your local public library can give you access within the library, or from home,
at the website www.bergfashionlibrary.com. Simply type in your library card number into
the log in box on the website to access the resource.
How do I promote it?
We have a number of ways to help you get the most out of the Berg Fashion
Library, all available via the Librarian Resource
Centre, and all free of charge!
Find all this and more at our page for librarians.
- Free promotional materials
- Short introductory PowerPoints
- Live online training sessions
- Recorded sessions from the training team
- Download logos and banners
- Training fact sheets (with ideas for training sessions)
- Usage statistics
- MARC records
Our training team are happy to visit libraries for in-house, group sessions –
just get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org