On this page you will find information of particular interest to librarians and administrators managing an Oxford DNB subscription.
Other promotional material for librarians on Oxford DNB and all OUP's electronic resources is available from the Online Products Librarian Resource Centre.
Telling your patrons about your subscription
Regular updates to the Oxford DNB
- Three annual updates add new biographies (including people active in the 21st century), along with quick reference guides
- Updates are published every January, May, and September. Full list of updates
Help your patrons get more from the Oxford DNB
You'll find the Oxford DNB invaluable for answering your patrons' queries about people—even the relatively obscure—from the British past. But don't stop there ...
History in the news and history near you
- The Oxford DNB does not support the z39.50 protocol. However, an HTTP request in the following form can be used in a federated search, where "Winston Churchill" is the search term:
- This search runs a quick name search for "Winston Churchill" (in other words, a search for the Winston Churchill entry, not a text search for his name.
- However, note that the results from a search are presented in alphabetical order. If a user searches simply for "Churchill", Winston Churchill is the 25th result. This highlights the difficulty of using federated search with the Oxford DNB.
> Back to top
> About the Oxford DNB