Spectroscopic Methods in Bioinorganic Chemistry
Edited by Edward I. Solomon and Keith O. Hodgson
American Chemical Society
Table of Contents
Recent Advances in Ground-State Methods
1. Structure Determination by Combination of CW and Pulsed '2-D' Orientation Selective ¹],²H Q-Band Electron-Nuclear Double Resonance: Identification of the Protonated Oxygenic Ligands of Ribonucleotide Reductase Intermediate X, Jean-Paul Willems et al.
2. Combining Mössbauer Spectroscopy and Magnetometry K. E. Kauffmann and E. Münck
3. Advances in Single- and Multidimensional NMR Spectroscopy of Paramagnetic Metal Complexes, F. Ann Walker
4. Metalloprotein and Crystallography, H. C. Freeman
Recent Advances in Excited-State Methods
5. Recent Advances in Electronic Absorption Spectroscopy, Felix Tuczek
6. Recent Advances in Magnetic Circular Dichroism Spectroscopy, Elizabeth G. Pavel and
Edward I. Solomon
7. Recent Advances in Resonance Raman Spectroscopy, Thomas M. Loehr
8. Soft X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy: Applications to Bioinorganic Chemistry, Stephen P. Cramer et al.
9. Electronic Structure Calculations: Density Functional Methods for Spin Polarization, Charge Transfer, and Solvent Effects in Transition Metal Complexes, Jian Li and Louis Noodleman
10. Spectroscopic Studies of Ferrocytochrome c Folding, Gary A Mines, Jay R. Winkler, and Harry B. Gray
11. Photoreduction-Triggered Folding of Cytochrome c: UV and Visible Resonance Raman Markers of Structure, T. S. Rush III and T. G. Spiro
12. A Probe of Metal-Ligand Interactions in Cupredoxin by Active Site Redesign and Resonance Raman Spectroscopy, R. S.
Czernuszewicz, B. C. Dave, and J. P. Germanas
13. XAS Studies on the Cu[A Centers of Heme-Copper Oxidases and Loop-Directed Mutants of Azurin: Implications for Redox Reactivity, N. J. Blackburn et al.
14. Antiferromagnetic Exchange, Biquadratic Exchange, and Metal-Metal Bond in Metal Clusters: Application to the Multielectron versus Successive Monoelectron Steps Dilemma, J. J. Girerd and E. Anxolabéhère-Mallart
15. Progress in Characterization of the Photosystem II Oxygen Evolving Complex Using Advanced EPR Methods, R. David Britt et al.
16. Valence-Delocalized [Fe2S2][+ Clusters, M. K. Johnson et al.
17. NMR of FeS Proteins, Ivano Bertini, Claudio Luchinat, and Aileen Soriano
18. The Electronic Structure of Linear
Thiophenolate-Bridged Heterotrinuclear Complexes: Localized versus Delocalized Models, Thornsten Glaser and Karl Wieghardt
Active Site Geometric and Electronic Structure
19. Amino Acid Side Chain Movements in the Active Site of the Hydroxylase Enzyme from Soluble Methane Monooxygenase, Douglas A. Whittington and Stephen J. Lippard
20. Applications of X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy to Characterization of the Mn Cluster in the Photosynthetic Oxygen Evolving Complex, Pamel DeMarois et al.
21. EPR and MCD Studies of Oxomolybdenum Centers in Sulfite Oxidase and Related Model Compounds, John H. Enemark
22. Spectroscopic Signatures of the Fe2O2 Diamond Core, Lawrence Que, Jr., et al.
23. Intermediates in Non-Heme Iron Intadiol Dioxygenase
Catalysis, John D. Lipscomb et al.
24. Reaction Intermediates in Oxygen Activation Reactions by Enzymes Containing Carboxylate-Bridged Binuclear Iron Clusters, Boi Hanh Huynh, J. Martin Bollinger, Jr., and Dale E. Edmondson
25. Spectroscopic Studies of O2 Intermediates in Copper Proteins: Electronic Structure Contributions to Function in Bioinorganic Chemistry, Edward I. Solomon et al.